Pages

Skip to main content

Where Do I Buy my Kit Supplies?


I would say about 85% of my makeup kit comes from Nigel's Beauty Emporium in North Hollywood. This is my favorite beauty supply location and source for continued education in makeup and all things beauty.



I remember the first time I stepped into Nigel's like it was yesterday, seeing the difference from a MAC counter to Nigel's was life changing. I love this store because they have phenomenal customer service, as soon as I walk in I always get asked if I need help, employees let me do my thing, they don't follow me around, but someone is always a glance away if I need any help. There was a time I showed up at 6:02 (they close at 6) and I desperately needed a specific MUFE HD foundation the staff allowed me to enter and quickly purchase my product. If you live out of the area and order products online they are amazing at answering questions over the phone and via email.


I love Nigels' because of the variety of high end products they carry, with many brands they are exclusive carriers. They carry Make Up For Ever, Kevyn Aucoin, Sugarpill, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Inglot, Stila, Becca, Dinair, Face to Face, Joe Blasco, Graftobian, Too Faced, Anastacia, Temptu, Wolfe Bros, Ben Nye, RCMA, Cargo, Dermablend, St. Tropez bronzing products, Le Mieux skin care, Dermalogica and SO many more! Here's the full list: http://nigelbeauty.com/manufacturers.aspx It's really a one stop shop and they carry everything a pro would use: palettes, powder puffs, disposibles, capes, brush cleaner, makeup cases. I love shopping here because I never need to go anywhere else to complete my purchasing list.

The Best Reason to shop at Nigel's? Their Pro Makeup Artist discount varies from 20%-40% both in store and online from the best brands in the industry. I mean 40% off on Make Up For Ever?! I really thought I died and went to heaven especially since at the time the only MUFE store was in New York. You can apply for a pro discount here: 
http://nigelbeauty.com/t-pro.aspx if for whatever reason you have issues with their forms, please send them an email: pro@nigelbeauty.com their customer service team is amazing. You only need a few of the credentials to sign up, I know it can look confusing on their website but for example when I went in I took my driver's license, business card, and a call sheet from indie film.



Another amazing benefit of being local to Nigel's is the workshops and events available at their location. They have monthly workshops from Make Up For Ever and the tuition cost is redeemable in MUFE product! It usually runs 95$ and have been taught by Make Up For Ever pro educator's Brittany James, Talia Cich, or David Hernandez. There are also other amazing cosmetic lines that hold workshops at Nigel's as well the tuition cost varies buy these are a few of the classes that have been held this year:


Face Painting with John Vargas 
The Perfect Summer Look from Too Faced Cosmetics
Dr. Hauschka Natural Skincare & Make-Up Workshop w/ Karim Sattar
Yon-Ka Paris skincare
Intro to Fake Teeth Special FX
Stila Master Class
Airbrushing Workshop w/ OCC creator David Klasfeld







Last but not least my biggest piece of advice when heading over to Nigel's is make sure your face is flawless and you look put together. I don't mean you have to have bright crazy makeup, just make sure you look good. Nigel's can be an amazing place to network and meet people that can change your career. You never know who you'll run into at Nigel's it's a popular celebrity stomping ground since many of the studios are local. I've run into Vanessa Williams, Molly Shannon, Willam from RPDR, David Klasfeld of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Queen of Blending, Petrilude, Shrinkle, and some of the best makeup artist in our industry. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I LOVE Nigel's! I know I can send anyone there and they will have a great experience. Keep up the great work!

      Delete
    2. I LOVE Nigel's! I know I can send anyone there and they will have a great experience. Keep up the great work!

      Delete

Post a Comment